GENERAL Terms & Conditions
1. The tariffs are quoted in Namibia Dollar are net and are non-commissionable
2. Child policy:
At Desert Camp and at Etosha Village max 2 children below 12 years can be accommodated free of charge if accompanying and sharing a room with two full paying adults.
Children sharing with adults will be accommodated on a sleeper couch, which, at Desert Camp converts into one double bed size and at Etosha Village, into 2 individual 1,70m x 55cm berths.
At Sossusvlei Lodge max 1 child and 1 infant below the age of 12 years can share the room with two adults. The child is accommodated in a standard single bed. Infants are accommodated in a standard Baby Cot.
At Hotel Zum Kaiser the child is accommodated in a standard single bed. Max 1 child below 12 years and 1 infant can share with the room with two paying adults.
This offer is subject to availability and the payment of the applicable meal rates.
0-4 Years – no cost
5-11 Years – 50% of meal rate
12 Years plus – full meal rates
At Sossus Oasis Camp Site children under the age of 5 years stay at no charge. Children 5-11 years pay 50% of the applicable Adults rate. Max of 6 guests in total per site.
3. Check-in time: 14:00 – Check-out time: 10:00. For times other than these please advise at the time of booking. While we do our utmost to accommodate early arrivals we can not guarantee immediate check-in. The Tour Operator is responsible to advise his guide/driver/pilot and clients accordingly. Late departures are strictly on prior arrangement with the Lodge and subject to availability of rooms.
4. Failure to comply on the part of the Tour Operator with any of the Terms and Conditions se out herein shall entitle the Lodge, in its sole discretion and regardless of booking requirements and/or payments already received, to cancel or refuse to accept the Tour Operator's bookings.
5. In the case of unforeseen overbooking or during high season, the Lodge reserves the right to accommodate tour guides/tour leaders/pilots in suitable alternative accommodation. The Lodge will inform the tour operator in such event by way of written confirmation. The tour operator undertakes to inform their tour guide/tour leader/pilot accordingly. The Lodge can not be held responsible for misinformation.
6. The Lodge requires the final number of rooms required at the latest 30 days prior to group's arrival. All bookings will be deemed as "confirmed" at 30 days prior to arrival unless written cancellation was received and it will be subject to cancellation fees should it be cancelled thereafter. Bookings made within 30 days prior to arrival will only be held provisional for 48 hours and a rooming list is required immediately. Should these bookings made within 30 days confirm and cancel again – cancellation policy will apply.
Cancellation fees will be incurred as follows:
30-16 Days prior to arrival - 50% of accommodation
15-11 Days prior to arrival - 75% of accommodation
10 Days or less prior to arrival - 100% of accommodation on a dinner bed and breakfast basis.
Non arrivals - 100% of accommodation on a dinner bed and breakfast basis.
Meals are charged where it forms part of the rate structure booked and confirmed.
No cancellation fees will be waived after the 30 day notice period has lapsed. Late or no cancellation due to illness or death will be handled on merit once proof is received that the client was not in possession of a travel insurance.
Deposit / Release Clause
If the Lodge is at any time approached by another customer or client who is willing to pay a deposit in order to secure accommodation that has already been booked but not yet confirmed by the first Tour Operator, the Lodge shall give the first Tour Operator the opportunity to either:
Confirm the reservation, in which case the Tour Operator shall furnish the Lodge with a non-refundable deposit of not less than 10% of the total value of reservation, such deposit to be received by the Lodge not later than 7 days after confirmation of the reservation, or
To cancel the reservation without incurring any cancellation fees.
The second party requesting the rooms, shall furnish the Lodge with a non-refundable deposit of not less than 10% of the total value of the reservation. Such deposit to be received by the Lodge not later than 7 days after confirmation of the reservation (Rooms will be confirmed once the first Tour operator has released the required rooms).
Block Bookings & Allotments
Block Bookings and Allotments will be handled on merit, depending on the booking history and the cancellation history of the tour operator. The Lodge reserves the right to cancel and/or amend any such confirmed reservations after consultation with the Tour Operator. In order to secure any such reservations the tour operator is liable for a 10% deposit.
No cancellation fees will be waivered after the 30 day notice period has lapsed. Late or non-cancellations due to illness or death will be handled on merit once proof is received that the client was not in possession of travel insurance. The Lodge cannot be held responsible for any loss or consequential loss resulting from the foregoing.